This is the most common kind of CPR certification needed by Healthcare Professionals.
Healthcare professionals include, but are not limited to, the following: Doctors, Nurses, Emergency Medical Technicians, Certified Nurse Assistants, Medical Assistants, Physician Assistants, Respiratory Therapists, Phlebotomy Technicians, Electrocardiogram Technicians, or any other ancillary healthcare practitioners who work in a clinical setting or hospital.
Please consult with any employer and/or your accreditation institution that oversees your credentials as to which class is required for your licensure / certification.
BLS for the Healthcare Provider Objectives:
* Critical concepts for high quality CPR for the adult, child, and infant
* Relief of choking for the adult, child, and infant
* Use of the Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
* Rescue Breathing / Intro to CPR with an advanced airway
* Use of the Bag-Valve-Mask (BVM)
* 1 and 2 rescuer CPR for the adult, child, and infant
A 25 question multiple choice a test is administered after the completion of class.
A passing score of 84% or better is required before your card can be issued.
A successful Skills Test is required to complete this class.
Course Length: 3-4.5 Hours
Card Type: Two Year Certification Card From The American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers Course Completion Card. At the end of class after successfully completing the test and all Skills Stations Student will receive a course completion letter.
* It is the students responsibility to register for the correct class they need for work, school, or other obligation. It is suggested you contact your employer or educational institution for clarification.